Guess what? I haven’t posted ANYTHING since 2014!! Where have I been? What did I do? Let’s skip that part. I’ll just write something I have in mind before it flew away. This is about my trips to the beaches in Kepulauan Seribu, DKI Jakarta Province, Indonesia.
So in the beginning of this year (on January), I went to Kepulauan Seribu with my friends. And again, in the middle of this year (on July), I went to Kepulauan Seribu. But this time, it was with family. Although the destination was the same, but they were a COMPLETELY different package.
Let’s say the the two trips was like “KOPER VS RANSEL” in Bahasa. My 1st trip (Let’s call it “Ransel“) was a cost-efficient one. On the other hand, my 2nd trip (Let’s call it “Koper“) was a quality-optimizing one. Cost and quality was always a trade-off, you know.
Look, it’s not like I’m a
beach-expert. I’m not the kind of girl who needs Vitamin SEA every once in a while. But since I’ve experienced these two similar-but-not-the-same trips, I feel like comparing and sharing it to the people. So here we go:
(How to Read: Ransel X Koper)
#1. DEPARTURE & ARRIVAL TRANSPORTATION
- Transportation: Fishing Boat X Ferry
- Departed from: a traditional market which smells fishy (some people even wear MASKS!) X a dock located inside an amusement park
- Seats: Floor/Wooden Chair X Sofa
- Seat Placement: First Come First Reserve X Queue per Group, Called by Order
#2. ISLAND WE’RE STAYING AT
- Island: Pulau Harapan X Pulau Pramuka
- Beach Existence: No Beach X Beach when the sea was receding
- Snacking Place: A few X More
- Completeness: Housing only X Hospital, Governmental Offices, Park, Rides (Bicycle Rent, Speed Boat, Banana Boat, Canoe, and Fishing Boat)
- Home-stay Quality: both have TV, AC, and a Clean Toilet
- Housing Appearance: Worse X Better (They also offer houses that facing the beaches directly)
- Duration: 2D1N X 3D2N
- Activity: Scheduled activities were the same: Snorkeling, Visiting Islands, and Barbecue (the catering was also the same kind of food)
- The beauty of Snorkeling Spots: Less X More Colorful and Beautiful
- Island Visited: More & Various Beautiful Beaches (Bulat Island, Perak Island, Bidadari Island, and 4 more) X 1 Beach (Semak Daun Island) plus 2 Animal Conservation Places (Sea Turtle & Shark)
- “Koper” Trip was twice more expensive than the “Ransel” Trip
#5 FREE TIME
- “Koper” Trip has much more free time than “Ransel” Trip. This much amount of free time was suitable for those people who enjoy the rides, enjoy tanning, wanted to spend time with partners (playing cards, chitchatting, etc), etc.
Here are some pictures we took from the “Ransel” Trip on January, 2015.
Here are the pictures we took from the “Koper” Trip on July, 2015.
So, what do you think? Which one are you? A Backpacker or The Opposite?
Well for me, I enjoy both since the people which I spend the holiday with were different. They were the ones who made it special and worth every memories. ❤
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you get some useful information from this kinda-long post. This is obviously my personal opinion. If you have something in mind to tell or to ask me, please don’t be hesitate to contact me through this post or anything else. See ya on the next post! 🙂